Elliott Family

Elliott Family

Friday, November 5, 2010

Shoot Straight With Me

Neena is such a little stinker. Last week she got on red at school. As in "green, yellow, red" for behavior. Why? Because she had an OLD scratch on her hand & she decided it would be a good idea for her to go see the nurse. Without asking. So she did. Then yesterday she got on yellow because she & her girlfriends turned around backwards & wash their hands behind them. This didn't occur to her that it wasn't a good thing to do.

I think the problem is we have never specified these things to her.

"Neena, don't leave the playground to go see the nurse without asking the teacher first."
"Neena, the only proper way to wash your hands is with your hands in front of you."

I love the way she thinks like a child. She's delightfully unaware of many things and, to be honest, I never felt that way. She LOVES baby dolls. And stuffed animals. She carries them everywhere she goes & tells everyone all about them. When I was little, I was ashamed for people to know I played with dolls. One time a friend of mine spent the night & wanted us to bring dolls to church with us & I was MORTIFIED. I've had a lot to overcome with my shy tendencies. I love how Neena can just put it all out there, take it or leave it. I love getting to watch her grow up. Trying to lead her & teach her is impossible at times. But I trust in God and His ability to use me and I have a lot of great mentors to learn from.

No comments: