Elliott Family

Elliott Family

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's Summer!

Crazy schedule this month & then next month will be mellow :) We've been to the pool several times already (& I fear I won't get a tan at all with a 15-month old running around!). I'm still in school & will be till the 15th; I love my class & teacher, though, so I'm truly enjoying it. After that, it's class reunion & then VBS. We currently have one vacant rental property, one on the way to being vacant, & therefore 2 properties to fix up & rent out.

We got a dog. (She just got in my lap & made me think about her.) Come to find out, she used to be a neighbor's dog but after she was roaming for weeks & spending most of her time here, we thought she was a stray so we adopted her. They haven't even posted a sign, so I think we're all clear. I can honestly say, I even like her. Except the licking. That is just gross. Maybe one day she'll learn I can't stand that & let it go, lol.

We also made an offer on another house. I'm dying to hear back on this one! We are really hoping to hear back today. We expect them to counter our offer & I'm ready to accept, no matter what it is. I'm praying for God to open this door with no glitches; He has very clearly shut the door on every other property we've looked at. But this being the best deal we've seen, I'm fearful of other people making offers on it & having to have a "bid war" which is way too much for my comfort level. I'm trusting God to give us this house if it's His will, but I'm definitely not afraid to let Him know I'd really like to have it :)

And other than preparing for Neena to start "big school" on Aug 2, that's all that's going on here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! Is the house for you guys or is it another rental? P.S. I love reading your blog...