Elliott Family

Elliott Family

Friday, November 12, 2010

Something to laugh about

When Chad & I were coming up to bed, Neena calls out "Mama, Mama!" Chad beat me up to her room & when I find them Chad is feeling her sheets & determining she has wet the bed. Except the bed wasn't wet. So we are trying to find the pee when I finally step in it. So I clean it up & send Chad & Neena to the bathroom to clean her up. When I get to them, Neena is doing some sort of strange, frustrated dance & Chad is trying to reason with her to calm down. I determine it's the potty dance & send her in to go. Which she does, a lot. "Problem solved." Right? HA!

I wipe her legs down. (She is so gone, here...it's all we can do to not crack up. She is OBVIOUSLY sleep-walking/not coherent at all.) I get her panties & pants on, finally. I tell her, "Just calm down, take your time, then you can get up." To which she shoots herself back on the toilet, straight into the hole. So she has soaked ANOTHER pair of PJ pants & panties, we have to wash her off AGAIN, & finally get her into bed.

So, I pile up the soiled laundry & we set off to bed.

And find in OUR bed, another wet spot. Isaac had peed on our bed during the few minutes it took for me to grab him a diaper after his bath.

Leading into this story from the other night: Neena got in the bed with us when she was sick. All of a sudden she sat up & threw up all over our bed: comforter, sheets, & all. So I had to take the comforter to the laundromat & in the meantime, I used all the extra blankets we had to keep us warm in its absence. But I left them on there when I put the comforter back on, just waiting till the next time to clean the sheets to change it all.

So we changed the sheets & then I had to scrounge up all the miscellaneous blankets & sleeping bags to cover us up last night. None of them were big enough to cover us both up, so we had a couple of "feet blankets," a "middle blanket," & a "top blanket" that was soft enough to touch our faces.

But my husband is so chill, supportive, & sweet, that we just laughed through it all. :) We love our kids & even all the craziness that comes with our fabulous lives.

No comments: