Elliott Family

Elliott Family

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April

I decided not to blog for a while because I feel that my time is crunched as it is, so why add one more thing? But hey, it's here, so I might as well every once in a while, right?

The newest things going on in the Elliott family as of late:

1. Isaac turned one. Poor little fella had two birthday parties planned & ended up sick and still has not had a party. Second child syndrome at it's worst, right?

2. Neena is about to "graduate" from preschool. MY HEART IS BREAKING THAT THIS BABY OF OURS IS NOW A REAL, FULL-BLOWN CHILD!!!! I randomly have these moments when I panic, cry, & experience extreme guilt for not being able to recall every detail of her life or enjoying every moment to the fullest. I'm a stay-at-home Mom. Pretty sure I was here for everything. Nevertheless, those Mommy hormones are pretty harsh little drugs!

3. I took over the cafe ministry at our church. I'm pretty sure this was a match made in heaven ;) I love getting to serve people coffee. And obsessing on the little details is what I'm made for, so it's going well. It's a definite challenge but I truly believe God is providing & changing my heart through it & even growing some new habits through this opportunity to lead :)

4. I've been reading about my strengths & weaknesses. It makes me cry. I don't really understand why, but every trait we (me & Chad) read about me sends me looking for tissues. I think I'm just so prone to only focusing on my tasks that focusing on and evaluating my strengths embarrasses me & puts me beyond my comfort zone. It makes me look at "ME" & I'm a very harsh critic of myself. Trying to focus on God's perspective of who I am is hard for me; grasping the fact that I'm truly "fearfully & wonderfully made" is something I have to continually remind myself. The book we're reading talks about honing your strengths instead of always trying to overcome your weaknesses. A really cool concept :) One of which I'm trying to grasp...which brings me to my hoarding weakness...

5. My good friend is coming over tomorrow to help me purge & reorganize. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna cry all morning, lol! We decided not to move after all, so instead we're doing a few make-overs in this house to make it more accommodating. I'm excited!!!

1 comment:

The Jones Family said...

Love the update...Love the vulnerability, you're precious! Happy Birthday Isaac!