Elliott Family

Elliott Family

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Been too long

Soo, I'm just checking in because it's been way too long since I've blogged! Some things have been going on around our lives (not inside our fam) that have consumed my thoughts but not something I will blog about, so I've been away.

In the meantime, Isaac has found his feet. I just LOVE this stage!! He is so gosh darn cute! Oh, how I love him! And Neena is growing, growing right now. Maturing in a lot of ways & making bad choices on purpose in other ways. Like the other day MiMi was holding Isaac & Neena came & poked his foot as hard as she could. Mom was appalled. I told her, "It's called sin. Yep. She did it on purpose to be mean & there's no excuse for it!" At first Mom had a hard time not wanting to find some way to explain it away but really, what it comes down to is that we are all sinners! We do ugly things on purpose. We just try to hide it better than we did when we were kids, so it's really even worse as we grow up. The lessons our kids preach! LOL! But she has super-sweet tendencies, too, so I can't only share her struggles. She is quite the little helper these days. She is VERY good at cleaning off the table for me after meals, cleaning the floor in her room (which means putting everything that was strewn SOMEWHERE--not always the RIGHT place, but it's a good start!), & about expressing her love for others.

I have been in prayer & in the Word like crazy lately & God has been answering & teaching me. I love times when I am able to focus for a long stride like this. Life is just better all around!!

Random other things I am happy about:
  • Chad got an iphone so I inherited his old...just realized I don't know what it's called. Anyway, a newer phone ;)
  • One of my friends, Bekah just got married; I am so happy for her!
  • Rental house will be rented again soon & the work we've been doing on it will come to a close!! (Another reason I haven't blogged--it has zapped all our time!!)
  • My BROTHER IS COMING HOME!!! THIS WEEK!!! FROM IRAQ!!!! WOO HOO!!!
  • I am so in love with my husband. I enjoy EVERY minute I spend with him!
  • Love my church!
  • I need to blog about Celebrate Recovery ;)
  • Reading The Shack right now. It hasn't really "gotten good" yet but I'm sure it will & to be honest, it's just nice to read anything for pleasure for a change! I never take the time to read b/c I can't quit when I start but I think I've done good so far this time :)

No comments: