Elliott Family

Elliott Family

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pancakes

Lately, my little fella has been very interested in the toilet. Thankfully he keeps his hands out of it (so far, anyway.) Although I can't say the same for keeping his hands out of his pants. We affectionately call him, "Stinky Fingers" b/c, I kid you not, the child has his fingers in his butt crack at least once in every two-minute span of the day. I need to invest in more onesies! He thinks he would like to "go potty" but we have tried a few times & it has amounted to him enjoying a nice long squat & throwing loads of TP into the toilet. Ha! The past few days, I have seen him pour things into the toilet: a glass of water, a cup of chocolate milk (gross to find in the toilet & dried on the seat looks very questionable; if you come to my house & use my toilets, please keep this in mind).

This morning I made Isaac some pancakes for breakfast. The "silver five" size, if you speak IHOP lingo. I heard Isaac close the toilet when I was coming down the stairs & ran in to find him squishing his hands together. Gross. So we washed his hands & I determined that the squish was all pancake syrup. My boy loves sugar. Especially syrup. Last week we dog-sat & he got the syrup & poured it all over poor Bella. She smelled like pancakes. She was thoroughly crusty by the end of the week but I waited till the night before departure for a bath because I knew Isaac would just decorate her again ;0) So back to this morning...after concluding there was no toilet water on his hands & cleaning him up, I opened the toilet to check on his shenanigans. There sat one whole pancake in the toilet, and syrup all over the seat. Silly boy! I wanted to take a pic but Chad found it & flushed it before I could get to it. You're spared that sight for today :)

No comments: